We process your data based on the lawful bases set out below. We may process information you provide based on more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using it:
- Contract: To enter into a contract with you and fulfil our contractual obligations to you (e.g. to publish your advert). This processing is necessary for us to provide the service you have requested including registering and managing your account and providing service updates and our support services.
- Consent: To provide information and take actions in relation to services which you have opted-in to receive.
We use the information we collect to:
- enable the performance of the contract you are entering into when using our service;
- provide and administer the Website and related services and manage internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, and to develop the Website and our products and services;
- generate an overall audience profile of visitors using the Website. We use this information to assist us in developing relevant content on the Website as well as encouraging automotive trade advertisers to place adverts for their stock or promotions on the Website; provide customers who have opted-in to receive marketing communications, with relevant and timely offers by email;
- we share some of your information with the Parent Entities to enable us to build up an profile of which of our group companies you do business with and what products and services you obtain from us. This to help us build up a more complete understanding of our customers and to inform our decisions around issues such as marketing;
- support our products and services such as alerting functionality;
- identify the location of visitors, to block disruptive or fraudulent use and to establish the number of visits from different countries.
Dealer Auction collects the following information when you set up an account:
- Account numbers from other companies in the Parent Entity groups to understand the companies you are trading with and help with our marketing campaigns. We will only use your information for marketing purposes where you have given us specific consent.
- We also collect additional personal data which may be generated as a result of the use of your account such as invoices and other records related to payments and transactions
Dealer Auction collects the following information when you use our products & services:
- As part of the advert placement process on the Website, we collect your postcode, as well as details of the vehicle you wish to sell, payment details (please see below) and your IP address. This information is used as follows:
- Postcode: to provide a positioning of the vehicle you advertise. This allows potential buyers to locate vehicles for sale within a set radius of their chosen location.
- Vehicle Registration Numbers: are required to place an advert on the Website for regulatory and security purposes. We will not disclose the Vehicle Registration Number to any person carrying out vehicle searches on the Website. However, if the Vehicle Registration Number is displayed in photographs within your advert then these details may be visible to Website visitors who may use them without your authorisation.
- We may also use the information you provide for internal business records and purposes, including to analyse and develop our products and services and the Website.
If you choose to use our Mobile Applications, or access one of our mobile optimised sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services within the mobile device’s settings. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your device.
All payment transactions processed are encrypted. Your payment card information is used solely to process payment for your advert. We retain no record of your payment card details