Modern Slavery Statement
Cox Automotive Europe has documented a Code of Conduct to set out clear expectations to employees and relevant third parties in how we conduct business and maintain our reputation for “Doing the Right Thing”. All Cox entities and partners have adopted the Code and at Dealer Auction we are committed to maintain full compliance with laws and regulations applicable to our business.
Dealer Auction Modern Slavery Statement
Modern slavery is a crime which results in the abhorrent abuse of the human rights of vulnerable workers. The company has a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and is committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all its business dealings and relationships. We will implement effective systems and controls to ensure that modern slavery and human trafficking are not taking place either within our own business or in any part of our supply chain, in compliance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
The company expects the same high standards from its suppliers, contractors, and business partners: in turn we expect our suppliers to hold their own supply chains to these high standards.
- Employees will be treated fairly, will have agreed terms and conditions in accordance with local legislation and be given appropriate skills training. Suppliers will pay a fair wage reflecting market conditions and will meet any national minimum wage.
- Suppliers shall respect the right of employees to form and join trade unions of their own choosing, to bargain collectively, and to engage in peaceful assembly as well as respect the right of workers to refrain from such activities.
- Working hours shall not be excessive and shall comply with industry guidelines and national standards where they exist.
- Suppliers shall not employ illegal child labour, forced or bonded labour, forced overtime or condone illegal child labour. We are opposed to slavery and human trafficking and expect our suppliers to comply with applicable laws preventing such exploitation.
- Suppliers shall provide equal employment opportunity to employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, colour, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or mental or physical disability, consistent with all applicable law.
- We expect that Suppliers will ensure their employees have a workplace environment free from physical, psychological, and verbal harassment. Suppliers will not use or condone the use of corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion or verbal abuse, and shall maintain disciplinary procedures where conduct falls below the required standard.
- Suppliers shall have formal grievance procedures through which staff can raise personal and work-related issues.
- Due diligence processes are established and maintained at the recruitment stage to validate the ID of any prospective employee and ensure that they have full Right to Work documentation.
All employees receive mandatory training on Modern Slavery via our E-learning platform, which is tracked to ensure completion.
Version Control 1.0 27.08.2021 Dealer Auction